What is the meaning of traveling? by Vanesa Garbajosa Barcelo

Dear visitor:

One of our students made recently a very interesting proposal: why not posting our own texts on this blog? And I happily accepted! The process was as follows:
She posted an entry in our course forum, I revised it (and showed her my corrections), she agreed upon them and gave me permission to post her text, and, finally, now I post it here for all of you. So, here is her first contribution, we hope you read it, enjoy it, comment it, and maybe, who knows, decide to do the same! All your ideas are more than welcome.

------

What is the real meaning of traveling? By Vanesa Garbajosa Barcelo

I think that studying Tourism is studying people from other places and not only studying laws or account. We have the chance to meet other people while we are working or even when we are going for a walk, but if you have the chance to study abroad, don´t hesitate. Do it, because you never know when you will need new knowledge about a language, not only for learning it, but also for its culture. Nowadays, demands are making us so competitive. Why don´t use this powerful tool to improve our language? We can also meet other people from other countries and share information. Let´s use this continuous information!

There are a lot of benefits of being in an English-speaking country, that is, perfect the English level talking to other people while studying grammar. Someone can deal with the Cambridge English Exams doing exercises, practising vocabulary, but at the end of the day, the real improvement comes from being in a foreign country, where someone can talk to you at every moment.
I realise as well that it´s good to make friends and meet new local people from there in order to practice the language and have knowledge about culture and traditions.




Comentarios

  1. excelent, I totaly agree with you
    jose miguel carceller , Valencia UNED

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Great post! However I must point out that sometimes studying abroad is not as simple or easy as it may seem. I mean, when you travel abroad you should first realised that you will find a totally different culture, and that could cause a problem of communication and integration in that new society.

    I talk from my own experience, since I have lived in three different countries as a student, and I have seen people with real integration problems.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario