A childhood anecdote, by Andres Martinez

Hello friends, I would like to tell you a story that happened to me during my trip to ‘Zahara de los Atunes,’ a town in ‘Cádiz.’ When I was a child I went with my family on vacation to a little house near the beach in ‘Zahara de los Atunes.’ We were the whole family, my parents, my sister, my uncles and my two cousins.
The beaches of ‘Cádiz’ are the most beautiful I have ever seen, we went to the beach every day to swim and we had a great time. If we had gone to the beach and the beach bars every day everything would have been fine, but we found out that there were some ancient ruins of a Roman city in a small town nearby.
We decided that we should take advantage of the holidays and go to visit the ruins of the ancient city of ‘Baelo Claudia,’ located in the current town of ‘Bologna.’ We should never have gone there. One of my cousins​​and I got lost in the ruins and our parents didn't notice until the tour of the ruins ended, we ended up staying inside until everyone had left. It was then that our parents realized that we were not there and spoke to the staff who worked there. If we had looked for our parents we surely would have found them. However, when the man who came looking for us found me and my cousin we were playing "imaginary Roman chariot races."
Our parents got a big scare, but at least me and my cousin had a great time!

Comentarios