MY LAST TRIP home: Quito, by Karina Guanoluisa


I want to tell you about my last trip in Quito (Ecuador), during my summer holidays.
I went there one year ago, and it is place where I was born, therefore it is important for me. I have been living in Spain for 18 years and I hadn´t returned there since 2002. For this reason, I was so excited about flying for the first time I could hardly sleep (as if it were the first time). When I finally managed to fall asleep, I dreamt that I saw my sister, my boyfriend and myself running down the airport runway chasing the plane as it took off. I was screaming and crying because I felt that I wasn´t going to be able to see my family. But it was only a dream.
The great day, at last, arrived. When it was time to go to the airport, we went in time enough to check in our baggage, so that there were no unforeseen obstacles.
I will tell you about my life back home in Quito. Our trip was incredible. We had a really great time with my family. We were in the capital city and we visited a few other small cities, for example Ibarra, Cuenca and Guayaquil, although I´d like to go Islas Galapagos next time. Located in the pacific coast of South America, Ecuador is a country with one of the richest ecosystems in the planet.
One thing I really liked about it is The Middle of the World (La mitad del mundo), a place that has a long history.
This geographical feature allows the phenomenon of gravity to be exerted with less force in Quito; meaning that, there the bodies weigh slightly less than in other places around the world.
So, overall, I´d recommend the trip



Comentarios