NEW YORK AND DATING: A REAL LIFE STORY ON HOW TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE OPPORTUNITIES WHILE YOU ARE TRAVELLING, By ARIANA VALCARCE

I´m going to tell all of you a funny and interesting tale about a personal travelling experience. Life is full of susprises and you never know what surprises await you at any time.
First of all, I would like to say that I am very passionate about travelling, so two years ago I organized a trip to New York with my son and my cousins on my own. We travelled in September and our stay there was 8 days.
I had already been there in 2011 and I had fallen in love with that great city. So, it was my second time in New York and I had planned to walk up and down the Big Apple with the kids. It was an amazing and unforgettable experience! We were very lucky with the hotel we had booked, with walking tours, with shopping day… in short, with each moment we lived there.
Everyday we got up very early in the morning in order to enjoy all daylong, therefore we arrived at the hotel room not very late, but very tired, or it would be better to say, exhausted!
We were staying in a two queen beds room so my son Ruben (14 years old) and my cousin Marcos (16 years old)  slept in one of them and my cousin Raquel (26 years old) and I in the other one. One night, we were really exhausted because we had walked for almost 20 kilometers, so my son and my cousin fell asleep earlier than usual and my cousin Raquel and I kept lying on the bed.
(Before going on I must confess you a secret: I used to use social networks to meet guys…. Ssshhh…..!!!!!! ha,ha,ha… but not anymore!)
So, that night I said to my cousin “Raquel, let´s try entering this site….” Oh, what a surprise! It worked perfectly ¡!!... not only that, but we found many handsome and interesting guys!!!! And we started the play… “like… like….like…match!.... like…like…match….!!!” We had a very good time and laughters before falling asleep.  
Next morning I checked it, and I could see that several guys had been texting me, but I didn´t pay attention because my main task there was tour the whole city and visit every corner of the Big Apple.
After our awesome experience in NYC we came back to Spain and then, I had more time to answer all those American guys.
Two weeks later I continued texting with one of them, JAY. He was a handsome, loving, pleasant and funny American Marine and he didn´t speak Spanish at all, so it was a perfect excuse for practising and improving my English.
We continued talking and getting to know each other in the distance for two weeks more… when, suddenly he told me he was going to come to meet me the following month… and he did it! He crossed an ocean to meet me in November and he flew to Madrid. I went to meet him there. It was wonderful! We were staying in Leon, where I live, and I showed him a lot of beautiful places.
Nowadays, two years later, we are keeping up in a distance relationship until he gets his retirement. Only then we will be able to decide where we could live, in NYC, in California or any other place!!!!


Comentarios

  1. Congratulations to you both for the lovely story! Life is unpredictable!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Carmen Glodosindo17 de abril de 2020, 8:49

    What a lovely story!!!!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario