Australia – Beautiful one day, perfect the next, by Isabel Fernández Mellado

Australia is not only an exotic and faraway country, but it also my home country.  I was born in this deserted island, back 43 years ago.

To be more specific, I was born in Port Kembla, in the State of New South Wales (NSW) which is where Sydney is. Most people mistake Sydney as the capital, but it actually the capital of our state and the capital of Australia is Canberra, in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT).




Living in this country, one can appreciate the fantastic climate which is not too cold and is not too hot.  You can live without an air conditioner and you can keep warm without having to wear polar clothes. 
This is of course, on the coast.
The coasts have mild weather, and they have another spectacular thing about them. They are virgin beaches.  There are infinite kilometres of these beaches, with fine sand that does not burn, and the sea is just the right temperature to take a dip in the Indian or Pacific Ocean!



If you are one to prefer to be on dry land, the rainforests are an exceptional experience.  You can see all of the typical little creatures in these forests and feel the dampness as you walk across bridges and through historical trees.

Daintree Forest
Daintree Forest, Queensland


There are also many wildlife parks. Who goes to Australia and does not go to see a Kangaroo or Koala?  You would be crazy not to do so! Many of these parks let you hold koalas and also feed the kangaroos. One must admit, that the variety of animals in this country are remarkable! 

Although I have lived in this country for my first 24 years of life, I have to say that returning on a holiday, 5 years later, I lived it to the fullest. I enjoyed the picturesque sceneries, the kilometres of roads to get to ‘Surfer’s Paradise’ in Queensland (QLD – it is north of NSW), swim in the Barrier Reef among colourful fish and breath-taking coral. 

The great barrier reef

The cities are central building districts (CBD) where you can find just about anything. Friendly people, easy access transport, and leisure activities to enjoy your stay there.
I wish I could repeat this trip, but now with my 4 children. I think that it will be just as exhilarating as it was before, or even more just seeing the faces of my children as they experience a vacation in the most thrilling country one could go to!








Comentarios

  1. Thanks for sharing. Love your home country Isa.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I hope I can return one day with my 4 children! However, although it's far, I encourage everybody who has a love for this country to go and see it once in their lifetime. It has so much to offer!

      Eliminar
  2. I was living in Australia for six months and it was the best experience in my life. I lived three months in Byron Bay, which belongs to the state of New South Wales, and three months in Sydney. Living in Byron Bay was like having the feeling of being on a permanent holiday. The lifestyle of its citizens, its vast white sandy beaches, and an average annual temperature that is the envy of all. Of course, the views from the lighthouse, where you feel like everything is infinite.
    The experience in Sydney was completely different. I was not overly impressed, but it is still a great city. But it does have its charming places. My favorite was Darling Harbour and The Rocks area. I could spend hours there lost.
    I wish I could go there again but for much longer.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario